Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Benefits of Tea Tree Oil

     I decided to write about the benefits of Tea Tree Oil.  It is one of my favorites, I use it weekly.  When I was working in the medical field I didn't like using the hand sanitizer they gave us to use.  So I decided to do a little research of my own and I discovered that Tea Tree Oil does the same job and much more!  I put several drops of it in my hand and body lotion.  It is a natural antibacterial.  It's strong to smell but I love it!
     Tea Tree Oil, also known as Melaleuca, is a natural disinfectant that was commonly used as a general antiseptic by the aborigine tribes for thousands of years.  The scientific community has confirmed that Tea Tree Oil has tremendous medical benefits.  Uses of Tea Tree Oil is skin infections like acne, boils and carbuncles, toenail fungus and warts.  It can be used to treat bad breath, inflamed gums and plaque (look up the recipes).  Studies have shown that Tea Tree Oil can cure dandruff and help get rid of head lice!
     I'm not saying that Tea Tree Oil is for everybody but if you are looking for a natural way to go to treat anything I mentioned, just do a little research and give it a try.  You may be surprised at what Tea Tree Oil can do for you!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I knew tea tree oil did the toe nail fungus thing but all that too. That is so cool. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete